1.We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. A “cookie” is a small electronic file that collects information when someone visits a website. A cookie can identify the pages that are being viewed, and this can assist us to select the pages that the viewer sees. Some cookies only exist whilst viewers are online, but “persistent” cookies – which are not session-based – remain on the viewer’s computer, so that he or she can be recognised as a previous visitor when he or she next visits our website. This allows us to collect information about a viewer’s browsing habits whilst on our Sites, and this can be useful in assisting us to monitor and improve our services.
3. The Company may release browsing data and information gathered using cookies in the aggregate, such as publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Sites. The report will only contain statistical data and will not identify any individual.
4. We do not store sensitive information such as account numbers or passwords in “persistent” cookies, and cookies in themselves, do not contain enough information to identify you. You will only acquire a personal identity in relation to your browsing habits after you have formally provided us with your personal data for the purposes outlined at 2 above.
5. In addition to using cookies, we might also use web tools to collect information about your browsing activities whilst on our Sites. In this respect the information that is provided is similar to the information supplied by cookies, and we use it for the same purposes.
6. Any information that we acquire about you using cookies or web tools is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as any other information we collect about you.