This Privacy Notice sets out how we’ll use your personal data. Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We use your personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The types of personal data we collect and use To assist you in finding products that meet your needs, we’ll use your personal data for the reasons set out below. The sources of personal data collected indirectly are mentioned in this statement. The personal data we use may be about you may include:
You must provide your personal data so we can assist you in finding products that meet your needs (unless you’re a customer and we already hold your details).
We’ll process your personal data:1. As necessary to perform our contract with and source products that meet your needs:
You’re free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. The consequence might be that we can’t do certain things for you.
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your personal data with:
The personal data we’ve collected from you at application or at any stage will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment in future. We may also search and use our internal records for these purposes.
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
Your rights are as follows:
If you have question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact us.
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 SAF, telephone 0303 123 1113, www.ico.org.uk
I agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and acknowledge that as part of my application you may undertake searches of my records with Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
5.We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
6. A “cookie” is a small electronic file that collects information when someone visits a website. A cookie can identify the pages that are being viewed, and this can assist us to select the pages that the viewer sees. Some cookies only exist whilst viewers are online, but “persistent” cookies – which are not session-based – remain on the viewer’s computer, so that he or she can be recognised as a previous visitor when he or she next visits our website. This allows us to collect information about a viewer’s browsing habits whilst on our Sites, and this can be useful in assisting us to monitor and improve our services.
7. The Company may release browsing data and information gathered using cookies in the aggregate, such as publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Sites. The report will only contain statistical data and will not identify any individual.
8. We do not store sensitive information such as account numbers or passwords in “persistent” cookies, and cookies in themselves, do not contain enough information to identify you. You will only acquire a personal identity in relation to your browsing habits after you have formally provided us with your personal data for the purposes outlined at 2 above.
9. In addition to using cookies, we might also use web tools to collect information about your browsing activities whilst on our Sites. In this respect the information that is provided is similar to the information supplied by cookies, and we use it for the same purposes.
10. Any information that we acquire about you using cookies or web tools is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as any other information we collect about you.